§ The Lord President of the Council (Baroness Amos)
Subject to parliamentary approval of any necessary supplementary estimate, the Security and Intelligence Agencies' DEL will be increased by £27,620,000 from £1,497,446,000 to £1,525,066,000 and the administration costs limits will be increased by £4,295,000 from £566,324,000 to £570,619,000. Within the DEL change, the impact on resources and capital are as set out in the following table:
New DEL Change Voted Non-voted Total Resource 13,819,000 1,119,106.000 11,750,000 1,130,856,000 Capital 14,402,000 530,411,000 5,000,000 535,411,000 Depreciation1 601,000 141,201.000 - 141,201,000 Total 27,620,000 1,508,316,000 16,750,000 1,525,066,000
1Depreciation, which forms part of resource DEL, is excluded from the total DEL since capital DEL includes capital spending and to include depreciation of those assets would lead to double counting.
The change in the resource element of the DEL arises from:
- 1. the take-up of end-of-year flexibility of £9,198,000.
- 2. a transfer of £7,016,000 from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to reflect funding for conflict prevention.
- 3. a transfer of £85,000 from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to fund planned programme activity.
- 4. a transfer of £ 1,050,000 from the Home Office.
- 5. a transfer of £120,000 from the Ministry of Defence for the payment of electricity.
- 6. a switch of £2,000,000 to capital.
- 7. a decrease of £735,000 resource due to an increase of £735,000 in the forecast profit on sale of an asset. This is a non-cash item.
- 8. a decrease of £915,000 in other non-cash items due to new forecasts.
The change in the capital element of the DEL arises from:
- 1. the take-up of end-of-year flexibility of £11,531,000.
- 2. a switch of £2,000,000 from resource.
- 3. a transfer of £861,000 to the Cabinet Office.
- 4. an increase of £ 1,732,000 due to the virement of £735,000 from resource (non-cash) to capital (cash) from the profit of a sale of an asset and £997,000 to correct the figures given in the winter supplementary.