§ Lord Laird
asked Her Majesty's Government:
Whether Waterways Ireland has started any new project in the past 18 months. [HL2889]
§ Baroness Amos:
The projects started by Waterways Ireland since January 2003 are:
- 1. Lower Bann Navigation Four landing jetties were installed at Christie Park, Coleraine, The Cutts, Coleraine, Carnroe, and Portna.
- 2. Shannon-Erne Waterway Access works at Mullanwary, Co Leitrim.
- 1. Ringsend Basin Moorings, Dublin.
- 2. Small landing jetty projects commenced along the Royal and Grand Canals and including the Barrow Line and the Barrow Navigation at 18 locations in 2003 and five in 2004. A number of small landing jetties were commenced along the Royal Canal and Grand.
- 3. Restoration of a 1,500 metre stretch of Begnagh Bog Embankment on the Royal Canal between Ballydrum Bridge and Begnagh Bridge, Co Longford as part of the ongoing restoration of the Royal Canal.
- 4. Restoration of Bagenalstown lifting bridge, Barrow Navigation, Co Carlow.
Western Region—Shannon Navigation
- 1. Landing jetties were installed at Coosan Point, Co Westmeath and below Roosky Lock, Co Leitrim.
- 2. Construction of a land bridge and installation of fixed and floating breakwaters at Cleighranmore, Co Leitrim.
- 3. Scarriff Harbour extension, Co Clare.