§ Diana Organ
To ask the Secretary of State for Health (1) how many NHS locations perform(a) hydro thermo ablation, (b) microwave ablation, (c) balloon ablation and (d) uterine fibroid embolisation for the treatment of menorrhagia or uterine fibroids; 
(2) how many people in the last year suffering from menorrhagia or uterine fibroids were treated by (a) hydro thermo ablation, (b) microwave ablation, (c) balloon ablation and (d) uterine fibroid embolisation. 
§ Miss Melanie Johnson
Information in the form requested is not available. Data from hospital episode statistics (HES) giving counts of admissions to national health service hospitals is shown in the table.
Primary diagnosis (ICD-10 Diagnosis Codes D25, N92,-, N95.0). Selected combinations of main operations and secondary operations. Count of finished admission episodes. NHS Hospital, England, 2002–03 Operation Total episodes Endoscopic, theraputic and ther operations on uterus 9,923 b) Microwave ablation 1,116 c) Balloon ablation 1,317 d) Uterine fibroid embolisation 286
1. A finished admission episode is the first period of in-patient care under one consultant within one healthcare provider. Please note that admissions do not represent the number of in-patients, as a person may have more than one.
2. Figures have not been adjusted for shortfalls in data (i.e. the data are ungrossed).
3. The primary diagnosis is the first of up to 14 (seven prior to 2002–03) diagnosis fields in the HES data set and provides the main reason why the patient was in hospital.
4. The main operation is the first recorded operation in the HES data set and is usually the most resource intensive procedure performed during the episode.
5. Diagnosis Codes
The ICD10 codes for menorrhagia and uterine fibroids are:
N92.- Excessive, frequent and irregular menstruation.
D25.-Leiomyoma of uterus.
a) Hydro thermal ablation
No specific OPCS4 code but would be in either Q16.-or Q17.-(data above provided as background).
b) Microwave ablation
Q16.8 Other specified, other vaginal operations on uterus. Or
Q17.4 Endoscopic destruction of lesion of uterus nec.
Y11.4 Radiofrequency controlled thermal destruction of organ noc.
Q16.8 Other specified, other vaginal operations on uterus.
Y11.8 Other specified, other destruction of organ.
d)Uterine fibroid embolisation
L71.3 Percutaneous Transluminal embolisation of artery nec.
Z38.8 Specified terminal branch of aorta nec.
Hospital episode statistics, Department of Health.
Information relating specifically to hydro thermal ablation is not available. However, this would be included in the count under the heading "Endoscopic, therapeutic and other operations on uterus".
117 trusts performed hydro thermo ablation, microwave ablation, balloon ablation or uterine fibroid embolisation for the treatment of menorrhagia or uterine fibroids, Information on which trusts performed hydro thermo ablation for the treatment of menorrhagia or uterine fibroids is not available.