§ Lord Hardy of Wath
asked Her Majesty's Government:
What key targets have been set for the Naval Recruiting and Training Agency for financial year 2003–04. [HL3144]
§ Lord Bach:
Subsequent to a proposal by the agency's owner, the Second Sea Lord and Commander-in-Chief Naval Home Command, we 157WA have today set the 2003–04 key targets for the Naval Recruiting and Training Agency, as follows:
- To deliver RN personnel to the trained strength (or to other training organisations), to the required quality standard, within 5 per cent variance from the tasked requirement.
- To deliver RM recruits to within 2 per cent variance from the tasked requirement.
- To maintain success rates of 95 per cent in career training (including targeted employment modules) and 97 per cent in examined pre-joining training.
- To increase the trained strength of the RNR to 2,200 by 31 March 2004.
- To reduce the average cost of the trained recruit to 98 per cent of the 2001–02 baseline figure.
- To achieve net benefits of £ 15 million in financial year 2003–94 from the partnering arrangement with Flagship Training Limited.