§ Mrs. Gillan
To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills whether he will make the initiative announced on 11 June on improving access to affordable and quality child care available to parents in Chesham and Amersham; and if he will make a statement. 
§ Margaret Hodge
We announced a number of initiatives on 17 June all of which will benefit parents in the Chesham and Amersham Constituency.
- Funding for the "Childminder buddying scheme" will be available from April 2004.
- Childcare Partnership Managers are now available in each Jobcentre Plus District.
- Quality First is available for childminders who wish to develop their child care capabilities.
- Care to Learn is available for all teenage parents who wish to take part in publicly funded education or training.
- The Foundation Stage Information Packs will be available from EYDCPs after 18 July.
- New Sure Start Guide to Choosing Childcare is available from Daycare Trust on 0207 840 3350.