HC Deb 14 October 2002 vol 390 cc469-70W
Phil Sawford

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what funding is available through his Department for(a) education on, and (b) prevention of, volatile substance abuse. [73372]

Mr. Bob Ainsworth

Information about the dangers of volatile substance abuse is provided as part of drug education in schools. This is funded by the Department of Health, for whom volatile substance abuse is also a priority. The Department will, however, be issuing £4.5 million in 2002–03 to support the delivery of Young People Substance Misuse Plans. These plans are developed by all Drug Action Teams to outline how services will be expanded so that all young people requiring drugs services receive them. This will incorporate education and prevention of volatile substance misuse.

Back to