§ Mr. Alexander
The Cabinet Office provides central training for Ministers. This supports them:
The Programmes for Ministers series provides:
- operating as a member of the Government team;
- managing the strategic policy and communication aspects;
- of the job as a member of a departmental team;
- working with and through Parliament.
Specific needs of individual Ministers are met on a personal basis.
- access to expert contributors from government and the wider public and private sector;
- discussion with colleagues and sharing best practice;
- awareness of current developments in government.
The Ministerial Code sets out the standards and conduct expected of Ministers.