HC Deb 04 December 2001 vol 376 c197W
37. Mr. Bryant

To ask the Parliamentary Secretary, Lord Chancellor's Department what plans she has to make the marked electoral register more readily available to political parties. [17526]

Ms Rosie Winterton

Access to marked electoral registers is provided by the Clerk of the Crown in Chancery. The terms of access are agreed with the Speaker, in accordance with powers under the Representation of the People Act 1983. I understand there are no plans to change the arrangements at present.