HC Deb 04 December 2001 vol 376 c195W
Mr. Rooney

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions if the child care grant payable to full-time students is classed as income for housing benefit and income support claimants. [19481]

Malcolm Wicks

[holding answer 30 November 2001]: The child care grants payable by the Department for Education and Skills are disregarded as income for those full-time students who are eligible to claim housing benefit and income support, as are the child care grants paid by the Scottish Executive.