§ Mr. Rooker
The information is not available in the format requested. Such information as is available is in the table.
Pensioner benefit units in receipt of occupational pension income Great Britain, 1997–98 Occupational pension income recipients also in receipt of: Pensioner benefit units in receipt Income related benefits 910,000 National Insurance related benefits 4,060,000 All with occupational pension income 4,090,000
- 1. Estimates are rounded to the nearest 10,000 benefit units, although they are not necessarily accurate to that degree.
- 2. Pensioner benefit units are defined as single (non-cohabiting) people over State pension age (men 65 and over, women 60 and over) and couples (married or cohabiting) where the man is over State pension age.
- 3. Income-related benefits include Income Support, Family Credit, Housing Benefit. Council Tax Benefit and Social Fund Grants.
- 4. National Insurance-related benefits include State Retirement Pension, Widows' Benefits and Incapacity Benefit.
- 5. Estimates of benefit income are based on survey respondents' identification of different elements of benefit income, and are therefore subject to misreporting. For example, some respondents may not be able to differentiate between State Retirement Pension and Income Support since both benefits are received in a single payment.
- 6. Estimates of the number of pensioner benefit units in receipt of occupational pension are based on survey respondents' own assessment and may be subject to under-reporting.
Family Resources Survey 1997–98