§ Mr. Neil Turner
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office what progress has been made towards establishing the central Government national training organisation; and if she will make a statement. 
§ Mr. Stringer
The Central Government National Training Organisation was launched today. The Government made a commitment to establish a National Training Organisation for the civil service in the Modernising Government White Paper.
The CGNTO aims to:
- Make a reality of the civil services's commitment to lifelong learning and employability;
- identifying training, development and learning needs for the majority of civil servants;
- develop a strategy to address those needs, ensuring that this reflects the Modernising Government Agenda;
- raise standards of training, development and learning across Central Government;
- provide a means of learning from and with other sectors, through NTO network.