§ Mr. Viggers
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how many of his Department's medical staff are working at Selly Oak Hospital; and for what reason. 
§ Dr. Moonie
As at 7 December 2000, the numbers of Defence Medical Services personnel serving at the Selly Oak Hospital and their roles are as followsCentre for Defence Medicine (CDM)
- Head of CDM Implementation Team
- CDM Project Manager1
- Assistant Director Nursing and Services
- Officer Commanding Support Unit1
- Patient Services Officer
- 1 Medical secretarial/administrative personnelClinical Staff
- Consultant Ophthalmologist
- 7 x A&E Nurses.
In addition, a member of the Adjutant General's Corps is serving as Chief Clerk at the CDM. A Specialist Registrar in Anaesthetics is also serving at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (which is part of the University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust) on a routine placement not directly connected with the CDM.