§ Mr. Brady
To ask the Secretary of State for Health (1) if he will end the practice of inviting hon. Members to comment on the shortlists for appointments to chair NHS trusts and health authorities; 132W
(2) what plans he has to review the role of regional NHS chairmen; 
(3) pursuant to his Department's press release of 22 March on the NHS appointments system, when he will implement his proposal to devolve decisions about local appointments out of the hands of ministers; 
(4) what plans he has to meet the Commissioner for Public Appointments to discuss her report "Public Appointments to NHS Trusts and Health Authorities"; 
(5) what plans he has to commission a fundamental look at the role and purpose of NHS boards and the range of skills and experience required in appointees, in line with the recommendation of the Fritchie report on NHS appointments; 
(6) what steps he has taken to draw up fresh job descriptions and person specifications for chairs and non-executive directors of NHS trusts and health authorities in line with the recommendations of the Fritchie report; 
(7) if he will end the practice of seeking nominations from local authorities for appointments to NHS boards.