§ Mr. Maclean
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if he will publish the agenda for the EU-Latin America/Caribbean summit of 25 to 29 June prior to the meeting. 
§ Mr. Tony Lloyd
The EU/Latin America/Caribbean Summit will take place in Rio de Janeiro on 28 and 29 June. It will be preceded by meetings of Foreign Ministers and officials on 25 to 27 June. The agenda for the Summit will be as follows28 June 1999Working Session I—Political Dialogue
- A) Democracy, pluralism and good governance, human rights, regional integration processes, co-operation in international fora, including the reform of the UN system.
- B) The rule of law, combat against terrorism, combat against organised crime and the drug problem.
- C) Sustainable development in all its aspects, combat against poverty, protection of the environment and social equity.29 June 1999Working Session 2 —Economic and Trade Themes
- A) The international financial situation: evaluation and prospects (the new "architecture"); consequences of introduction of the Euro.
- B) The importance of trade negotiations and liberalisation: multilateral and bilateral.
- C) The challenge and opportunities of globalisation and development.Working Session 3—Education, Culture and Human Dimension
- A) Education (including co-operation on basic formation, vocational training and among higher education institutions), Science and Technology.
- B) Cultural dimension, media and cultural management; preservation of cultural heritage and diversity.
- C) The human dimension: women's participation in all spheres; protection of children; the role of civil society in interregional relations.