§ Jackie Ballard
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland if she will list the women's organisations which have been consulted over proposed legislation by her Department during this session; and if their responses have been published. 
§ Mr. Paul Murphy
The Government are committed to making sure that policies are inclusive and take full account of the needs and experience of all those affected 387W by them. The Northern Ireland Act 1998 makes statutory provision for two proposals in the White Paper, "Partnership for Equality"—an obligation on the public sector to promote equality of opportunity and a unified Equality Commission. This will replace the existing Policy Appraisal and Fair Treatment (PAFT) guidelines.
Consultation has taken place with the following women's organisations during this Parliamentary session:
- Ardoyne Women's Group
- Ballybeen Women's Centre
- Belfast Women's Training Services
- Falls Women's Centre
- Footprints Women's Centre
- Lisburn Women's Centre
- NI Women's Coalition
- Soroptomist International for Northern Ireland
- Training for Women Network
- Upper Andersonstown Women's Network
- Windsor Women's Centre
- Women in Politics
- Women's Information Group
- Women's News
- Women's Resource and Development Agency
- Women's Support Network.
- None of the responses has been published.