§ Mr. Bennett
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland what performance targets have been set for the Industrial Research and Technology Unit for the financial year 1999–2000. 
§ Mr. Ingram
The Industrial Research and Technology Unit is an Agency within the Department of Economic Development. Its prime strategic target is to raise the level of industrial R & D in Northern Ireland and in addressing this target the Agency also aims to operate efficiently and effectively and provide a quality service. Against this background the following key targets have been set for the Agency:
- To achieve new user participation in the COMPLETE Programme of 20 per cent.
- To increase the average industry contribution to projects funded under the COMPLETE Programme by 1 per cent.
- To achieve an increase in R & D projects under the START Programme of 20 per cent.
- To achieve full cost recovery for Scientific Services.
- To maintain UKAS Accreditation for Scientific Services.