HC Deb 22 February 1999 vol 326 c54W
Mr. Hoyle

To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport what grants are available to enable the conversion of farm buildings for tourism in the Chorley constituency. [68476]

Janet Anderson

[holding answer 1 February 1999]I refer my hon. Friend to the answer that I gave on 18 January 1999,Official Report, columns 318–19.

The Redundant Building Grant Scheme, currently operated by the Rural Development Commission, can provide grants for the conversion or refurbishment of redundant buildings to bring them back into productive business use or to enhance their current business use. The European Regional Development Fund grants I referred to in my earlier answer are not available in the Chorley constituency itself.