§ Mr. Gardiner
To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, pursuant to the answer to the hon. Member for Carshalton and Wallington (Mr. Brake) of 13 January 1999,Official Report, column 212, if he will list the consultancy firms with contracts to provide advice jointly to London Transport and the Government on the implementation of his public/private partnership plans for London Underground. 
§ Ms Glenda Jackson
The main consultants working on the London Underground Public-Private Partnership (PPP) are:-
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (financial)
- Freshfields (legal)
- Ove Amp and Partners (engineering)
- Arthur Andersen (operations entity design)
- PA Consulting (infrastructure entities design and financial modelling)
- Homagold & Hills (project management)
- Richard Ellis (property)
- Sedgwick (insurance)
- Bacon & Woodrow (pensions).
All of these firms are employed by London Transport, but their advice is available to the Government, and Ministers and officials can, through London Transport, ask them for advice on matters relating to the PPP.