§ Angela Eagle
The information is not available in the form requested. Such information as is available is in the table.170W
Single parents in receipt of income support who have a mortgage or loan for the accommodation they are living in since 1994 Year Number of claimants Percentage of all Single parents on Income Support 1994–95 130,000 14 1995–96 130,000 13 1996–97 150,000 14 1997–98 110,000 11
- 1. Figures are subject to a degree of sampling error.
- 2. Figures have been rounded to the nearest thousand, percentages to the nearest integer.
- 3. The estimates are based on sample counts that have been adjusted for non-response using multi-purpose grossing factors that control for region, Council Tax Band and a number of demographic variables. Estimates are subject to sampling error and to variability in non-response.
- 4. Benefit receipt is based on self-assessment and therefore may be subject to mis-reporting.
- 5. Income-based Jobseekers' Allowance (introduced in October 1996) has been included in the analysis for the 1997–98 financial year, but not for the 1996–97 year, since it could not be separately identified from Unemployment Benefit.
Source:Family Resources Survey (Great Britain).