§ Lord Hardy of Wath
asked Her Majesty's Government:
Whether they will review the Defence Bills Agency. [HL1130]
§ The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (Lord Gilbert)
The Defence Bills Agency, DBA, which was launched in 1995, is responsible for:
- (a) paying and accounting for bills submitted by MoD's suppliers and contractors;
- (b)raising invoices and pursuing moneys receivable for goods and services sold by MoD:
- (c) maintaining accounting records for the MoD central ledger;
- (d) providing accounting and management information on all these activities to MoD managers.
In accordance with the DBA's framework document, a periodic review of the agency is under way. The performance of the DBA since its launch will be evaluated and a review of the options for the best management of its functions will be undertaken. Comments and contributions from those with an interest in DBA and its work will be welcomed. They should be sent by 31 May 1998 to:
- DBA Review Team
- Room 60
- Northumberland House
- London WC2N 5BP
- Telephone: 0171 218 6915.