§ Mr. David Nicholson
To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security if he will list the measures which have provided extra financial assistance to pensioners on low incomes since 1990. 
§ Mr. Roger Evans
The information in relation to income support, housing benefit and council tax and community charge benefits, is as follows:
- April 1991
- The pensioner premium was increased above the normal uprating.
- April 1992
- The higher pensioner premium was increased above the normal uprating.
- October 1992
- All pensioner premiums were increased above the normal uprating.
- April 1993
- The rates of income support personal allowances were not adjusted to reflect the fact that the element previously included in recognition of the 20 per cent. contribution towards community charge liability was no longer needed due to the introduction of council tax.
- April 1994
- Compensation for VAT on fuel above average cost.