§ Mr. Peter Atkinson
To ask the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster what performance targets he has set for the Government car service and interdespatch service; and if he will make a statement. 697W
§ Mr. Freeman
Following my announcement on 3 December, I have made arrangements for the establishment of a new agency from 1 April. It will comprise the Government car service and the interdespatch service and will be known as Government Car and Despatch Agency. I have set the following performance targets for the financial year 1997–98.
- Achieve 100.5 per cent. cost recovery on an accruals basis.
- Operate within a maximum deficit on the Vote of -£270,000 excluding payments for voluntary early retirement or severance.
- Achieve a sales turnover of £10. 3 million.
- Achieve a customer satisfaction rating of 92 per cent.
- Maintain ISO 9002 accreditation for the Government car service pool, and extend it to the interdespatch service.
- Achieve no less than 2 per cent. reduction in running costs in real terms.
- Achieve an annual average of 25.5 miles per gallon for GCS and IDS fleets.
- I am placing copies of the framework document for GCDA in the Libraries of the House.