HC Deb 24 July 1997 vol 298 c732W
Mr. Öpik

To ask the Secretary of State for Wales if he will make a statement on his policy in relation to homeless people voting in the referendum on devolution. [8931]

Mr. Ron Davies

People living in Wales will be able to vote in the Welsh Assembly referendum if they are included in the local government electoral register in Wales. It is for electoral registration officers to determine whether an individual qualifies for inclusion in the register.