§ Mr. Thurnham
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what is the minimum number of items of information a police officer has to provide in order to initiate the prosecution of a juvenile delinquent for shoplifting; and if he will make a statement. 
§ Mr. Maclean
Six forms are needed in the prosecution file in the case of a juvenile offender where a guilty plea is expected. These are:396W
- a file front sheet which includes the defendant's details;
- a copy of the charge sheet/summons;
- the defendant's previous convictions, if any;
- a compensation form completed by the victim;
- a short descriptive note; and
- a note of how the decision to prosecute was reached.
More information is required where a not guilty plea is expected. There are also other forms and documents which are completed or taken into account which are not directly associated with the prosecution process; these include property registers, custody records and fingerprint forms.