§ Mr. Battle
To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many beds there are in intensive care units in Leeds infirmary, St. James' hospital, Leeds and Pinderfields hospital, Wakefield. 
§ Mr. Horam
Information on the daily number of available beds by ward classification is collected annually from each trust. The latest published information shows that in 1994–95, the average daily number of available beds in wards classified as adult intensive care were as follows:
- United Leeds Teaching Hospitals National Health Service Trust: 28
- St. James' University Hospital National Health Service Trust: 9
- Pinderfields Hospital National Health Service Trust: 27
1. Figures on numbers of beds by trust are published annually in 'Bed Availability for England' copies of which are available in the Library. Data for 1995–96 is available from 17 October 1996.
2. The figures above exclude intensive care cots and paediatric intensive care beds.