§ Mr. Galbraith
To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland which(a) individuals and (b) organisations representing (i) doctors and (ii) nurses have been consulted in the acute bed strategy review. 570W
§ Lord James Douglas-Hamilton
As part of the review, the views of all health boards and NHS trusts in Scotland were invited. In addition, it was made clear that comments would be welcomed from any other individuals or organisations who wished to offer views.
In order to obtain the views of doctors, nurses and other clinical professions, specific consultation was undertaken with:
- The British Medical Association
- The Scottish Committee of the Royal Colleges
- The Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- The Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- The Scottish Joint Consultants Committee
- The National Professional Advisory Committees' Liaison Committee.