§ Mr. Fisher
To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food which statistics his Department has discontinued(a) the collection and (b) the publication of since 1989. 
§ Mr. Boswell
The Ministry regularly reviews the statistics which are collected and disseminated to ensure that needs are met cost effectively. Information is not held in a form which could identify all changes since 1989 except at disproportionate cost, but the following regular statistical surveys have been discontinued:
- 1995: The Production of Syrup and Treacle.
- 1994: The Structure and Extent of the Turkey Population.
- 1993: The Consumption of Potato Crisps and Snacks.
- 1993: The Production of Processed Potatoes.
- 1993: The Stocks of Cocoa Beans and Cocoa Products.
- 1992: Agricultural Machinery.
- 1992: Import Commitments for Sugar within the EU.
- 1990: The Structure of the Egg Industry.
- 1990: The Canning and Bottling of Fruit and Vegetables.