§ Dr. Wright
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department which of his Department's administrative manuals and internal guidance are now made public; and which remain private. 
§ Mr. Howard
The following manuals and guidance are now made public:
- Manuals and guidance issued by the United Kingdom Passport Agency.
- The Immigration Service complaints handbook.
- The Immigration and Nationality Department complaints staff instruction.
- 74 handouts issued to trainee immigration officers.Home Office Criminal Statistics:
- Volume I Counting Rules for Notifiable Offence.
- Volume II Codes for classifying the offence.
- Manual on achieving the transfer of data on court ppearances direct from the magistrates' courts computer systems to the Home Office.Guidance for magistrates' court staff on how to produce accurate statistics for the Home Office from the ICL, EQUIS and UNISYS systems. Data interchange user guides for ICL, EQUIS and UNISYS systems.Crown Court Statistics Data Interchange Guide.The National Strategy for Police Information Systems.409WFire Service College:
- Safety Management Policy.
- Environment Policy.
- Quality Policy.
- Training Performance Indicators.Prison Service Standing Order 5—communications.Instructions to Governors 82/94—Victim Helpline.Procedures for Open Government.
Guidance setting out the circumstances in which requests for privileged access to closed records may be granted.
It is not possible to list the administrative manuals and internal guidance used in the Home Office which remain private, because there is no comprehensive list of these. However work is in hand in assessing whether more of this material could be made available in future. Current plans include the release of new guidance now being prepared on applying the 1951 United Nations convention on the status of refugees.