§ Mr. Soames
The Military Survey defence agency key targets for 1995–96 are:
- (1) To complete the endorsed in-year production programme, recognising that this may be impacted upon by unforeseeable, higher priority operational and emergency requirements.
- (2) To implement by 31 March 1996 those three-year review study recommendations applicable to the agency, to include the development of customer agreement procedures.
- (3) To implement by 31 March 1996 the military survey fundamental review redesign report, stage 1, part 2.
- (4) To implement by 1 April 1998 a capability to support a specified geographic requirement package; initially to have costed the geographic implications for the Department by 31 March 1996.
- (5) To improve the work unit cost of the production programme by 31 March 1996 by 3 per cent., in accruals terms, from an agreed 1 April 1995 baseline.
These key targets take forward much of the work of previous targets and prominence is given to the agency's core outputs. They also drive the management reforms possible because of agency status. More detail on these reforms, including those applicable to the agency and fundamental reviews, are contained in the agency's 1994 annual report, copies of which will be placed in the Library of the House shortly.