The Earl of Bradford
asked Her Majesty's Government:
What is to be the total annual grant to the British Tourist Authority and the Statutory National Tourist Boards for 1995/96.
The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Department of National Heritage (Viscount Astor):
The grant in aid payable to the Statutory Tourist Boards for 1995/96 is as follows:
- British Tourist Authority1—£ 34.5 million
- English Tourist Board—£ 10.0 million
- Scottish Tourist Board2—£ 16.9 million
- Wales Tourist Board2—£ 14.7 million
- Northern Ireland Tourist Board—£ 13.7 million
- All figures are rounded.
- 1Includes £ 0.5 million additional funds for the promotion of London
- 2Includes funds to be paid in grants made under Section 4 of the Development of Tourism Act 1969.