§ Mr. Duncan
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what key targets have been set for the chief executive of the Defence Animal Centre, Melton Mowbray, for the financial year 1994–95.
§ Mr. Soames
The chief executive of the Defence Animal Centre has been set the following key targets for 1994–95, the agency's first year of operation:
- (1) Establish service level agreements or equivalent with all major customers and suppliers.
- (2) Meet at least 95 per cent. of the standard of service targets laid out in the SLAs.
- (3) Increase overall business efficiency by at least 2.5 per cent.
- (4) Implement the options for change reduction in manpower with minimal reduction in output.
- (5) Develop an output-costing system which will measure the resources used to produce various outputs.
- (6) Adopt a common syllabus for joint service dog training.
- (7) Complete market testing feasibility study.