§ Mr. Morgan
To ask the Secretary of State for Wales if he will list those hospital services classified as regional services which he proposes to de-designate from 1 April 1995; what representations he has had from the chairmen of Welsh health authorities concerning the de-designation of these services; and if he will publish his assessment of the effect of de-designation subregionally; and if he will make a statement.
§ Mr. Redwood
The following protected former regional services are to be de-designated from 1 April 1995:
- Bone Marrow Transplantation Service
- Medical Genetics Service
- Pharmaceutical Service:
- Drugs Information Service
- Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance Service
- Surgical Dressings Quality Control Service
- Poisons Information Service
- Renal Transplantation Service
- Spinal Injuries Rehabilitation Service
- Transplant Tissue Typing Service
- Welsh Hearing Institute
It is open to any service provider or commissioner to argue against de-designation until April 1996. No such representations have been received to date from health authorities in Wales.