HC Deb 30 November 1994 vol 250 c790W
Mr. Redmond

To ask the Secretary of State for Health if she will consider making changes to general practitioners' contracts so as to ensure that if a parent chooses to deregister their child for health surveillance with their general practitioner, the money is then transferred to the health authority to provide an alternative community service; and if she will make a statement.

Mr. Malone

In purchasing community child health surveillance, district health authorities take account of the needs of all children who are not registered for child health surveillance with general practitioners. No transfer of money is required to ensure this.