§ Mr. Enright
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what property, leased or owned for the purposes of his Department, is not currently occupied.
§ Mr. Norris
The position is as follows:
- Her Majesty's Coastguard:
- 30 properties are vacant pending disposal as a result of estate rationalisation.
- Driving Standards Agency:
- One building is vacant and for sale.
- Two buildings are vacant and will be sold shortly.
- Transport Research Laboratory:
- Two buildings are vacant.
Highways Safety and Traffic Command: at 31 December 1993, 815 properties acquired for the national roads programme were vacant. Of these 204 were classified as lettable. The rest were awaiting demolition or in the process of being sold or otherwise not suitable for letting.