§ Dr. Wright
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland if he will give details of the public appointments he is responsible for making in addition to those identified in "Public Bodies 1993", including non-executive agency and other departmental management boards.
§ Sir John Wheeler
My right hon. and learned Friend approves the following public appointments which are not identified in "Public Bodies 1993":
- Chairman of the Rural Development Council.
- Up to one third of the membership of the Community Relations Council—he maximum membership is 24.
- The lay observer.
- Chairmen of the boards of:
- The Belfast Harbour Commissioners
- Londonderry. Harbour Commissioners
- The Warrenpoint Harbour Authority
- The chairman of:
- The Negotiating Machinery for Teachers' Salaries and Conditions of Service (Schools)
- The Colleges of Education Negotiating Committee
- The Further Education (Lecturers) Negotiating Committee
In addition, the Secretary of State appoints the independent commissioner for the holding centres, the independent assessor of military complaints procedures, the local government boundaries commissioner, one member to Armagh observatory board of governors and five members to Queen's university senate.
The list of appointments are made directly by my right hon. and learned Friend and do not include those made on his behalf by other Ministers.