§ Mr. Pawsey
To ask the Secretary of State for Education what key performance targets he has set the Teachers' Pensions Agency for 1993–94.
§ Mr. Patten
I have set the following key performance targets for the Teachers' Pensions Agency for 1993–94 which cover its main activities and focus on the principles of improving the quality of public services:
- (a) To take the necessary steps to enable the agency to publish audited, commercial-style accounts for 1993–94;
- (b) To achieve an improvement in efficiency in the use of running costs resources directly administered by the agency of at least 2 per cent.;
- (c) To review the existing systems for verification of contributions received from employers and to produce an action plan for implementing improved arrangements;
- (d) To provide a substantive answer to 95 per cent. of written enquiries within 15 working days;
- (e) To process 96 per cent. of the applications for retirement awards by the payable date or, it later, then within 30 days of receipt of the application; and
- (f) To meet agreed accuracy targets for pensions-related calculations.