§ Mr. Morgan
To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security which non-departmental public bodies are sponsored by his Department: which of these are audited by the National Audit Office; which firms of private accountants audits each of the others; by what method of tendering contracts to such firms are awarded; and for what duration.
§ Miss Widdecombe
The Department sponsors the following non-departmental public bodies:
- Independent Tribunal Service
- Central Adjudication Services
- Occupational Pensions Board
- Attendance Allowance Board
- Central Advisory Committee on War Pensions
- Industrial Injuries Advisory Council
- Social Security Advisory Council
- War Pensions Committees
None of these produces separate accounts. Their expenditure is recorded in the Department's administrative vote and audited by the National Audit Office.