§ Mr. Milburn
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer when he plans to announce the appointment of a team of independent forecasters to assist the Treasury; and if he will name the individuals he has approached to date.
§ Mr. Nelson
[holding answer 1 December 1992]:Pursuant to my reply of 3 December 1992,Official Report, column 306, I have now invited the following to become members of the panel:
- Andrew Britton, Esq., National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Professor Tim Congdon, Lombard Street Research
- Professor David Currie, London Business School
- Gavyn Davies, Esq., Goldman Sachs International Ltd
- Professor Wynne Godley, Cambridge University
- Professor Patrick Minford, Liverpool University
- Andrew Sentance, Esq., Confederation of British Industry.