§ Dr. David Clark
To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, pursuant to the reply to the hon. Member for Daventry (Mr. Boswell) of 7 June,Official Report, column 493, if he will. list the numbers and types of equipment and materials purchased for analytical purposes and for monitoring as a result of the Chernobyl accident.
§ Mr. Donald Thompson
The following additional major items of analytical and monitoring equipment have been purchased:
- 1 Gamma Spectrometry Assembly
- 1 Automatic Sample Changer for above
- 2 Liquid Scintillation Counters
- 25 Single Channel Analysers coupled with a 1¾ inch sodium-iodide detector
- 3 Single Channel Analysers coupled with a 2 inch sodium-iodide detector
- 8 Double Channel Analysers coupled with a 1¾ inch sodium-iodide detector
In addition, a large number of containers and other minor items have been purchased.