§ Mr. Leighton
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what have been the main decisions of the European Community Council of Social Affairs Ministers in the last five years.
§ Mr. Cope
I have been asked to reply.
I refer the hon. Member to the six-monthly White Papers on developments in the European Community, which have been laid before Parliament and debated in the House of Commons. For the decisions of the Council of Labour and Social Affairs Ministers from June 1983 to June 1987, the references are set out in the table.
Council of Labour and Social Affairs Ministers White Papers
- 2 June 1983—Cmnd. 9043 September 1983.
- 2 December 1983—Cmnd. 9214 March 1984.
- 7 June 1984 Cmnd. 9348 September 1984.
- 13 December 1984—Cmnd. 9485 May 1985.
- 13 June 1985—Cmnd. 9627 September 1985.
- 5 December 1985—Cmnd. 9761 March 1986.
- 5 June 1986—Cmnd. 9911 October 1986.
- 11 December 1986—Cm. 122 April 1987.
- 26 May 1987—Cm. 205 September 1987.
Joint Council of Education and Social Affairs Ministers
- 3 June 1983—Cmnd. 9043 September 1983.
I refer the hon. Member to the reply of 17 December 1987 of my hon. Friend the Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Employment to my hon. Friend the 416W Member for Batley and Spen (Mrs. Peacock), decision of the Council of Labour and Social Affairs Ministers held on 1 December 1987.