§ Mr. Richard Shepherd
To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Science if he will list in theOfficial Report the names of his advisory committees, together with an indication of those whose members are required to sign a declaration under, or who have otherwise had drawn to their attention, the provisions of section 2 of the Official Secrets Act.
§ Mrs. Rumbold
The following bodies act as advisory committees to the Secretary of State for Education and Science:
- Advisory Board for the Research Councils (ABRC)
- Computer Board for Universities and Research Councils
- Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Interim Advisory Committee on Teachers Pay
- National Advisory Body for Public Sector Higher Education
- Open University Visiting Committee
- University Grants Committee
- Visiting Committee for Cranfield Institute of Technology
- Visiting Committee for the Royal College of Art
- Voluntary Sector Consultative Council
- Schools Curriculum Working Groups (Science, English, Maths)
- National Advisory Council for the Youth Service.
Of these bodies, only the ABRC requires members to sign a declaration that their attention has been drawn to the provisions of section 2 of the Official Secrets Act.