Mr. Andy Stewart
asked the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will make a statement on the setting up of a committee of inquiry into the handling of geographic information in the United Kingdom, as agreed in the 335W Government's response to the First Report of the House of Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology on remote sensing and digital mapping, Cmnd. 9320.
§ Mr. Waldegrave
[pursuant to his reply, 28 February 1985, c. 233]: On the setting up of the committee of Inquiry into the handling of geographic information in the United Kingdom, I am pleased to announce that the following people have also been appointed members of the committee.
- Dr. J. Balfour—Chairman of the Countryside Commission for Scotland 1972–1982.
- Mr. I. Gilfoyle — Deputy County Planning Officer, Cheshire CC.
- Prof. D. Rhind — Head of Geography Department, Birkbeck College, University of London.
- Mr. F. P. Russell — Distribution Engineering Manager, British Gas.
- Dr. R. Schiller — Head of Research at Hillier Parker, Chartered Surveyors.
- Mr. G. Singh—Chairman and Executive Director, Pinpoint Analysis Ltd.
- Mr. D. T. Sinker—Managing Director, Hunting Surveys and Consultants Ltd.
- Dr. J. R. Townshend—Reader in Geography, University of Reading.