§ Mr. Austin Mitchell
asked the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (1) whether he will publish in the Official Report a list of regulations, aids to industry, or industrial practices, within his Department's responsibilities, which have had to be cleared with or which have been challenged by the European Economic Community Commission since May 1979 under the European Economic Community treaties, together with the outcome;
(2) whether he will publish in the Official Report a list of legislative or other provisions within his Department's responsibility which have had to be cleared with, or which have been challenged by, the European Economic Community Commission under the European Economic Community treaties, together with the outcome.
§ Mr. Jopling
State aids are notified to the Commission under article 93(3) of the EC treaty. The Commission sometimes asks for additional information but the only aids within my Department's responsibility that have been formally challenged under article 93(2) procedure since May 1979 are:
281W United Kingdom legislation implementing Community measures is notified to the Commission (and is open to its scrutiny). A detailed list of every measure so notified could only be provided at disproportionate cost.282W
- Fish Producers' Organisations. Subsidy Scheme.
- Fishing Vessels Temporary Support Scheme 1980.
- Fishing Vessels Temporary Support Scheme 1981.
- Fishing Vessels (Temporary Financial Assistance) Scheme 1982.
- Sea Fish Industry Development Programme.