§ Mr. Ashley
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will give the names and positions of the Government forensic experts and former employees of the Government forensic service who gave evidence in the John Preece appeal case.
§ Mr. Younger
The following members of the Home Office forensic science service gave evidence when Mr. 279W John Preece's case was referred by me to the High Court of Justiciary in terms of section 263(1)(a) of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1975: the appointments shown were those held at the time of the hearing in June 1981. No other Government forensic experts or former employees gave evidence at the hearing.
Dr. A. S. Curry
- Controller Home Office Forensic Science Service (now retired)
Mr. S. S. Kind
- Director Home Office Forensic Science Service Central Research Establishment
Miss Margaret Pereira
- Director Regional Forensic Science Laboratory, Chepstow (now Controller of the Home Office Forensic Science Service)
Mr. J. L. Fish
- Director Regional Forensic Science Laboratory, Birmingham
Dr. A. Chit
- Principal Scientific Officer Regional Forensic Science Laboratory, Birmingham
Dr. R. P. G. Gregory
- Principal Scientific Officer Regional Forensic Science Laboratory, Weatherby