§ Mr. Ridley
The Commissioners for the Reduction of the Natinal Debt all hold the appointment ex officio and comprise:
- The Speaker of the House of Commons
- The Chancellor of the Exchequer
- The Lord Chief Justice
- The Master of the Rolls
- The Accountant General of the Supreme Court
- The Governor of the Bank of England
- The Deputy Governor of the Bank of England
They are appointed under the National Debt Reduction Act 1786, as amended by later Acts the main effect of leswhich was to cover changes of title of some of the original posts.
The commissioners have not formally met since 1945.