§ Mr. D. E. Thomas
asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will list the byelaws, local and private Acts of Parliament in Wales which specifically deal with public order and the holding of demonstrations.157W
§ Mr. Mayhew
The following is a list of local Act provisions in Wales which deal with public order and the holding of demonstrations:
- Newport Corporation Act 1925, s.72;
- Swansea Corporation Act 1927, s.67;
- Llanelly Corporation Act 1929, s.79;
- Rhyl Urban District Council Act 1935, s.153;
- Merthyr Tydfil Corporation Act 1948, s.76;
- Glamorgan County Council Act 1952, s.71—which no longer applies to the county of South Glamorgan;
- Monmouthshire County Council Act 1956, s.130;
- County of South Glamorgan Act 1976, s.25.
All these provisions, except the last, will expire when the relevant provisions of the Local Government Act 1972 take effect. There is no central record of byelaws which affect public order.