§ Mr. Teddy Taylor
asked the Secretary of State for Education and Science what percentage of secondary schoolchildren was being educated in State schools and in other schools, including independent and maintained schools, respectively, at the most recent date for which figures are available.
§ Dr. Boyson
In January 1979, the latest date for which information is available, 92 per cent. of pupils aged 11 years and over were being educated in maintained schools and the remaining 8 per cent. in non-maintained schools in England.