§ Mrs. Renée Short
asked the Secretary of State for Education and Science if he will list the present members, and the interests they represent, on the Advisory Committee for the Supply and Education of Teachers; and if he will make a statement on the work of the committee and its future.
§ Mr. Mark Carlisle
The majority of members are appointed by me on the nomination of particular organisations. In addition, some members are appointed directly by me and my right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for Wales. I attach great importance to the work of the advisory committee. Its first meeting is to take place at the earliest possible date after the summer holiday, and its precise programme of work will stem from that.
The full list of members is:
- Dr. C. C. Butler, Vice-Chancellor, Loughborough university of technology.
Association of County Councils
- Mr. R. D. Clark
- Dame Elizabeth Coker
- Mr. I. G. Cunningham
- Mr. C. C. Jasper
- Dr. B. E. Marsh
Association of Metropolitan Authorities
- Mr. D. A. Fiske
- Councillor J. Hale
- Mr. P. A. Newsam
- Councillor H. N. Scrimshaw
Welsh Joint Education Committee
- Mr. J. L. Brace
National Union of Teachers
- Membership not yet decided
National Association of Teachers in Further and Higher Education
- Mr. F. C. A. Cammaerts
- Mrs. J. Rees
- Mr. J. Richardson
National Association of Schoolmasters—Union of Women Teachers
- Mr. T. A. Casey
Assistant Masters and Mistresses Association
- Mr. E. G. Beynon
Secondary Heads Association
- Dr. P. L. P. Clarke
National Association of Head Teachers
- Mr. A. D. Bott
Association of University Teachers
- Professor W. V. Wallace
Committee of Vice-Chancellors and Principals
- Dr. H. Kay
- Miss J. E. Skinner
Committee of Directors of Polytechnics
- Mr. R. Hedley
Catholic Education Council
- Mr. J. N. Winstanley
Church of England Board of Education
- Mr. C. Alves
Schools Council Chairman
- Mr. J. Tomlinson
Directly appointed by the Secretary of State for Education and Science
- Mr. R. S. Johnson, Director of Education, Leeds.
- Dr. E. Kerr, the Chief Officer, CNAA.
- Mr. C. King, headmaster, Darwen Moorland County High, Bolton.
- Mrs. L. Pound, headmistress, Chelwood Nursery School, London.
- Dr. W. Taylor, director, University of London Institute of Education.
- Miss B. P. R. Ward, director, Crewe and Alsager College of Higher Education.
Directly appointed by the Secretary of State for Wales
- Mr. K. P. Davies, Chief Adviser, Education Department, Cardiff.
- Mr. K. Evans, Deputy Director of Education, Clwyd.