§ Mr. Richard Page
asked the Secretary of State for the Environment when he intends to issue a further consultation paper on the new housing subsidy system.
§ Mr. Stanley
I am issuing a further consultation paper today to the local authority associations, a copy of which I have placed in the Library of the House. The paper covers the following aspects of the new subsidy system:
- 1. Reduction of subsidy on disposal;
- 2. Treatment for subsidy purposes of undeveloped land;
- 3. Calculation of number of dwellings: treatment of vacant dwellings ("voids");
- 4. Recovery of past payments of subsidy in certain circumstances;
- 5. Shared ownership;
- 6. Acquisition of dwellings from defaulting mortgagors.