asked Her Majesty's Government:521WA
Which of the Olympic Associations have:
as at 1st April 1980.
- (a) supported their boycott of the Moscow games;
- (b) refused to support their boycott of the Moscow games; and
- (c) yet to decide;
§ The PARLIAMENTARY UNDERSECRETARY of STATE, DEPARTMENT of the ENVIRONMENT (Lord Bellwin)
The information requested is as follows:
Since 1st April the British Equestrian Federation and the Royal Yachting Association have decided to boycott the Games and the Amateur Fencing Association to send a team. Only the Amateur Swimming Association has yet finally to decide.
- (a) the Great Britain Hockey Board;
- (b) the governing bodies of archery, athletics, basketball, boxing, canoe-
522 ing, cycling, gymastics, handball, judo, modern pentathlon, rowing, shooting, volleyball, weightlifting and wrestling;
- (c) the governing bodies of equestrianism, fencing, swimming and yachting.
House adjourned at six minutes before nine o'clock.